Sunday, August 16, 2015

Holding Hands and...Almost Kissing....

Hey everyone!  I'm back!  Sorry I've held this story off for so long as things have been crazy, as I'm sure most of you know.  I want to keep the story going though so this post will talk about my third and fourth date with Joshua.  They were quite interesting, especially the fourth one so hang tight and enjoy!

As I read through my journal I realized I waited an entire week to go out with Joshua again.  A lot happened in between that time as my sister Sarah had her baby Aidan and my sister Emily and my mom were in town so I spent most of my time with them.  After everything settled down Joshua wanted to do a movie night with me and we figured the best place was in my apartment lounge.  He invited his friend Taylor to come along and they were going to have another one of their friends come along (he didn't come til later).  We watched "The Dark Knight" since Joshua and I both talked about how much we both liked Batman so we had to see it together.  Well, they came and not too far into the movie there was a moment where I think Joshua was hinting that he wanted to hold hands but I didn't do anything about it.  That didn't last long since he just grabbed my hand and we held hands the entire movie.  In past experience after holding hands the first time the boy usually doesn't keep holding your hand.  Joshua was different and even while we were walking back to my apartment he insisted on holding my hand.  I was impressed by that and I felt his sincerity in his actions that made me even more attracted to him.  It felt good holding his hand so I was glad that he wanted to keep doing it.  We made arrangements to go out again that coming Thursday.  I was excited and we said good night and he made the 50 minute drive back to Basalt with Taylor.

Thursday came and I had agreed to meet Joshua in Idaho Falls so that we could go to the cheap theater and watch the movie "Hercules" and eat dinner.  As expected, Joshua held hands with me the whole date and I was glad for it.  Dinner was good and the movie was...alright.  I remember being glad he didn't have to spend tons of money on that for us.  After the movie I remember him commenting to me about his mustache and how he had trimmed it.  He wanted to know if I had noticed it and I had to disappoint him by telling him I had not.  I got a gentle impression that he was hinting at something and it made me grin to myself a little bit because of it.  He drove me back to my car that was parked at the temple and let me out of the suburban.  He walked me to the car and while I was saying good-bye to him I remember looking up at his face an knowing instantly he wanted to kiss me.  You girls know the look and it terrified me.  Be it known I hadn't really kissed anyone before so I did what any cowardly girl would do.  When he went for it I put my head down making it so he couldn't do it and I hugged him instead.  I told him, "Not yet" and he hugged me back and kissed me on the forehead instead.  He told me it was okay, opened the door for me and hugged me again when I got into the car.  As I drove away I started to freak out and called my best friend Chanda.  She calmed me down by telling me it was okay to move a bit slow if I wanted to.  Boy was I silly, but I'm glad Joshua was patient with me.

Well, that's quite a bit of story time so that'll be all until next time!  I'll write again soon!

No comments: