Sunday, August 30, 2009

Back to the Land of the Thriving Sun!

I'm back! And a lot sooner than ya'll thought huh? :)

Well, I'm back in Thatcher now, land of the thriving sun. It's dang hot down here and I'm so glad I live in a house with AC. School is going well so far. I just finished my first week and boy am I glad of that! I find that the first week of every semester is the longest so I'm glad it's over with. I'm a little nervous about some of my classes, but I'm sure I can rise to the challenge. I'm glad I have good instructors who are constantly reminding me that if I need help, they are always available. Besides my music classes (music theory, aural perception, and marching band) I'm learning French and American Sign Language. French is so much fun and I can't wait to learn it more. The French for some reason are very proud of the way they talk. I think it's hilarious and that's why it's so fun to learn it. I'm excited to learn ASL too. I've only been to one class since it's one night a week. I'm sure it'll go well in my quest for learning new languages.

Other than school I've just been trying to adjust to everything. I have new roommates, a new room, an new major, a new EVERYTHING!!! Everything has changed since I first came here 2 years ago. When I moved back the first day it felt like I was a newby all over again. It's been good though, all things considered. My new roommates are awesome! They are hilarious and I absolutely love them! Here is a video of Aubre's uno trick :D
Anyway, life is wonderful, and it always will be. No matter what I hope that we can all remember that. In this crazy world of ours it's always good the think positive. Hasta luego mis amigos!

No comments: