Monday, August 10, 2009

Summer Miracles


Hi there! It's the end of the summer and I thought you guys deserved an update. I ended up getting a job, two actually! Yippie! Thanks to all of your prayers and voiced concerns about this. I was very blessed to earn enough money this summer so that I could go back to school this fall. First, I got a job working for my neighbor and really good family friend, Karen Thompson. I helped her with summer projects like painting the house, cleaning her house, helping her survive her daughter's visit :), and other odds and ends. It was a good experience and I felt blessed getting something to do. Next, I got a call from Karen's daughter who needed an employee at a place called Grumpy Jake's over by the DQ in Taylor. I was thrilled when she told me I could start the next day and that I would never have to work Sundays because they were closed on those days. What a blessing! At times it gets hard getting there on account that it's in Taylor and I either have to steal a vehical or someone takes me. It's been worth it though.

Also, the past couple of weeks I've made a big decision that I think will effect the rest of my life. I've decided to become a music major. I can already see myself wondering what the heck I was thinking, but I have always loved music and I feel I need to do this. Music saved me at one point in my life so I think it deserves some payback. I know I'm not the best at music, but I will do my best at it. Thanks Mom for talking me into it! I honestly don't know why I wasted two years when I should've been doing music this whole time. At the same time, perhaps it wasn't a waste after all :)

Anyway, enough of my rambling and going on! I got nothing else to talk about so I'll let ya'll go. Until next time I get bored or have specular news or......whatever I guess :D I love you all.

4 comments:

David McCleve said...

Music, that's sweet. Congrats on the decision. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great at it. Anything specific in music?

mistakes for marion said...

Way to take a decision! Even, if you may consider yourself not that adept of a musician; hard work and effort is what makes the difference. You have both of those.

Desi M. said...

That is my big sis!! :D I hope you have so much fun! you are a doll! ♥

Unknown said...

I want to teach music. I feel like I can get more out of doing that then just being a performing major. That's in answer to your question David :)