Thursday, January 15, 2015

After the break

During the seven week break I had worked hard for my parents by doing some jobs at a couple of apartments they manage.  Doing so I was able to make just enough money to make it back to Idaho.  To be honest I was thinking I wasn't going to make it, but I knew I had to get back to Idaho because I knew that was where I was supposed to be.  There were times when I'd be cleaning an apartment and it seemed like things just weren't going to work out.  I'd stop, look at the ceiling and say, "Okay Heavenly Father, I'm doing all I can.  If I'm supposed to be in Idaho, then please help me get there."  Those were sacred times when I would be filled with comfort, knowing that somehow He would make it possible for me to get back to Idaho.  And sure enough, He did just that.

After the break I made the trek back up to Idaho.  It was the middle of September by this time and I was under a lot of pressure.  I wouldn't be in school since I was just planning on working and saving some money for school in January.  I had just enough money to pay for rent and the gas money back up to Idaho and maybe a bit of money for food.  Plus, I had a job interview scheduled for the 15th, the first day of school for everyone else, but I had no idea if the job was going to go through.  I went in for my interview for the job that day and I got the job!  But, I wouldn't be starting for another 2 weeks or so.  How I survived the next 4 weeks I will never know since I wouldn't get paid for another 2 weeks after I'd started.  I knew though that I had to trust in the Lord and that He knew what He was doing, which in fact He did.

As it turned out, Joshua and I texted every day when I got back to Rexburg.  He was busy working and I was busy trying not to be bored at my apartment.  I did a lot of cleaning and recuperating from the foot surgery I'd gotten during the break.  Finally, Joshua was able to find a time that we could spend some time together.  On that Friday the 19th he invited me to go to a sunflower maze with some friends of his.  I accepted and had a great time with him and his friends.  The maze was a bit lame, I won't lie, but being with Joshua made it fun.  After the maze we went with his friends Taylor and James to a little Mexican place in Rexburg and had a blast.  I felt so comfortable with all those boys and it was just what I needed.  Joshua paid for everything, which was impressive because I wasn't sure if it was a date or not since I felt like we were just hanging out with friends. One thing that I remember from that was when Joshua was ordering his food he wanted to get the bean and cheese burrito with extra cheese, but he wasn't sure if he wanted that or if he wanted to try the fish burrito.  I told him, "Come on, be adventurous."  So, as a result he got the fish burrito.  Apparently it didn't turn out so good because he still blames me for pressuring him to get that nasty fish burrito. :)

After that I went home a very happy girl.  I'd had the time of my life and I couldn't wait for the next time I'd get to spend time with them.  The next time would be just Joshua and I for our next date.

To be continued.... :)

No comments: