Sunday, January 11, 2015

The Seven Week Break

Now I need to describe what happened next in our little story.  To be honest it wasn't as eventful as you all would probably hope.  In fact, it didn't seem quite eventful for me at the time either.  One thing we must all learn is to never underestimate God and the small and simple things He does to help us along in our lives.  The next little bit of our story is just that - a small and simple thing called "texting".

Okay, before ya'll start doing the whole, "Texting is so lame!" bit, keep reading.  I would have to agree that in certain circumstances texting is a very lame, dumb thing that my current generation is falling back on.  BUT, I'm not going to get into that.  One thing that I forgot to mention was that after our date Joshua asked me to let him know when I made it to all of my destinations.  I thought that was thoughtful so I texted him both when I got to Utah and Arizona so that he knew I made it there safely.  This actually opened the door for him to feel better about texting me more and after a couple of days he asked me how my trip was.  We would text for a bit and he'd ask me "get to know you" questions.  It was really fun and I decided that I was going to do the same thing.  There would be a day or so when he wouldn't text me so I decided that it would be a good idea for me to text him first.  Pretty soon we were texting daily and getting to know each other that way.  During that whole seven week break this happened and I was still thinking nothing was going to really happen with this.  He became a really good friend and in my history that was as far as things usually got.  Again, I had no idea what was going to happen when I got back but I was pretty sure I would be going out with Joshua again.  When, I didn't know but I knew it would happen.  And to be honest...I was looking forward to it.

Again...to be continued....

 This is me after I got my foot surgery during the break.  
Check out that beard!  Isn't awesome?!

No comments: